The Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy, Bayern International GmbH and Invest in Bavaria, in cooperation with the Center Hydrogen.Bavaria (H2.B) and the US Consulate in Munich, Germany cordially invite interested Bavarian and American companies and scientists to a virtual hydrogen expert exchange and online networking.
Our goal is to intensify the transatlantic exchange in the hydrogen sector and foster new connections for potential collaboration between the regions. Bavarian and American participants will gain insight into the corporate and research landscape on both sides of the Atlantic.
During the first part of the event, the Bavarian and US Hydrogen institutions will introduce themselves, with the opportunity for questions afterwards. In the second part of the event there will be an opportunity for discussion and networking in breakout sessions. The event speakers will kick off the breakout sessions with an introduction on the topic and will then open up the discussion to the participants. Please refer to the agenda below for details. The event will be held in English via the online platform Zoom. Participation is free of charge
17:00-17:45 CET | 11:00am-11:45am EDT | 8:00am-8:45am PDT
Short presentations with Q&A introducing the hydrogen regions of Bavaria and selected US states
- Carolin Reiser, Manager International Affairs, Center Hydrogen.Bavaria (H2.B) and as speaker for the break-out room also Stefan Dürr, Head of Technology & Innovation, Center Hydrogen.Bavaria (H2.B)
- Marcel Dossow, Research Assistant at the Chair of Energy Systems, Technical University of Munich (TUM
- Dr. Joel Rinebold, Director of Energy, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT) / CT Hydrogen-Fuel Cell Coalition (CHFCC)
- Bill Elrick, Executive Director, California Fuel Cell Partnership (CAFCP)
- Emanuel Wagner, Deputy Director, California Hydrogen Business Council (CHBC
17:45-18:30 CET | 11:45am-12:30pm EDT | 8:45am-9:30am PDT
Move to breakout rooms for small group discussions and networking on the following topics:
- Business opportunities in Bavaria – Introduction into the business landscape in Bavaria, as well as insights and exchange on key sectors, cooperation potentials and funding possibilities. (H2.B)
- Scientific cooperation potentials between the US and Bavaria - Presentation of the international future laboratory "REDEFINE Hydrogen Economy (H2E)" and the network "TUM.Hydrogen and PtX". (TUM)
- Introduction to the business, manufacturing and research landscape in Connecticut and northeastern USA. Preview of the US Department of Energy H2Hub region in Northeastern USA (Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey). Discussion on US federal policies and incentives in hydrogen / fuel cell sector. (CCAT/CHFCC)
- Production, Deployment, and Storage of H2 in the US (CHBC)
- Application of H2 in Mobility & Transport (CAFCP)
We look forward to your registration at https://www.bayern-international.de/eventsby (External link) (event code: webinar2022usa) by Friday, April 22, 2022. The break-out room in which you would like to participate can be selected upon registration. The break-out rooms take place in parallel, it is possible to switch between the different break-out rooms during the event. Please note, your registration is not finalized until you receive our confirmation email including the event zoom link. We look forward to your participation.